Winner of Islamic Economy Knowledge Infrastructure Award Global Islamic Economy Summit
WE ARE THE SHARIAH MINDS
Please enter your name and email address below and receive a complimentary chapter and the table of contents of Shariah scholar, Dr Daud Bakar’s renowned book “Shariah Minds in Islamic Finance”
Amanie Advisors is a leading Shariah advisory firm specializing in Islamic finance solutions covering a wide range of services including Shariah advisory and consultancy, training and research & development for institutional and corporate clientele focusing on Islamic financial services.
Guided by its international Shariah Supervisory Board, Amanie provides end-to-end Shariah solutions to the client through its global offices.
Our best-fit solutions are measured against high-level fiduciary standards. Islamic capital markets, retail/wholesale banking, project finance and asset management are the key areas of Amanie’s strength, and as an advisory firm we continually break new ground in advising clients on strategic transactions, and in pioneering the global expansion of Islamic finance.
Amanie Advisors LLC won the Islamic Economy Award in the category of Islamic Economy Knowledge Infrastructure at the Global Islamic Economy Summit (GIES) 2015.
Founder and Chairman of Amanie Advisors, Dr. Mohd Daud Bakar received the award from His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum at the prestigious event in Dubai. The annual Award recognizes innovative world-class business initiatives and ideas that have contributed to the social and economic welfare of the Muslim population. Islamic Economy Knowledge Infrastructure is one of eight categories under this award.
THE WORLD OF SHARIAH MINDS
Our global presence is perfectly positioned to offer international perspective and global best practices to clients around the world.
The Amanie team of consultants have extensive experience from diverse and specialized disciplines ranging from Shariah, investment banking, legal, economics, accounting, risk, corporate finance, and strategic planning. Together we have successfully implemented the following projects
– A Cayman-domiciled Islamic fund offering short-term financing through Murabahah contracts, where the fund buys and sells merchandise on behalf of the company and shares a portion of the profits. The fund caters to small Asian manufacturers.
– Several Luxembourg-domiciled funds that invest in Shariah-compliant equity and equity-related securities including common stocks of companies located anywhere in the world, including Emerging Markets. The funds also invest in American, European and Global Depository Receipts.
– The development of a Shariah equivalent of a gold futures product by Amanie for a member of the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange is the first in the world.
– A Jersey based trust certificate issuance programme that offers a platform for each issuer to issue a wide range of trust certificates offering various types of returns.
– The first ringgit-denominated sustainable and responsible investment (SRI) sukuk to raise funds for its trust schools programme.
– The largest sukuk programme issued by a European corporate to date.
– The first corporate Sukuk issued in Oman.
– Established the Islamic banking window of a multi-national bank and commodity dealer/broker based in Singapore.
– Converted a large US conventional asset management company into an Islamic asset management company.
– Pioneered the first Shariah Standard on gold, a landmark initiative which sees the first extensive collaboration between a Shariah standard setting body and a market development authority.
– Assisted in the development of a centralised establishment of Islamic finance in a middle-east country.
AMANIE SHARIAH SUPERVISORY BOARD
Anchoring Amanie Advisors’ work is the Amanie Shariah Supervisory Board (“SSB”) comprising of four globally renowned Shariah scholars. The Amanie SSB lends credibility and guidance to the team
The Amanie Advisors’ team of experts have extensive experience from diverse and specialized disciplines ranging from Shariah, investment banking, legal, economics, accounting, risk, corporate finance, and strategic planning.
DIVERSE BUSINESS NETWORK
QUASI GOVERNMENT INVESTMENT BODIES
HIGH NETWORTH INDIVIDUALS
SOVEREIGN WEALTH FUNDS
Amanie provides end-to-end Shariah solutions for both financial and non-financial clientele. Our best-fit and cutting-edge solutions developed and delivered direct to Amanie’s clients are measured against high-level industry-wide fiduciary and governance standards. Amanie’s core services cover the whole spectrum of Islamic finance and involve consultancy work in various areas including the following key areas:
Amanie develops the solution for any particular arising problem from the market. Amanie will engage with new entities and be briefed on their idea in producing a Shariah-compliant product or new initiative. Amanie’s first question will always be, “What is the economic effect you are looking to achieve?” and we will work backwards from there. Amanie will then, using the expertise of its well-diversified consultants and consulted by its SSB members, structure a Shariah-compliant solution to the product or new initiative where feasible. These will be based on global international standards to ensure that it will be widely acceptable by worldwide countries across the regions. Sometimes it is not possible to mirror the desired economic effect in a Shariah compliant manner and we feel that a quick no is best in these situations.
AMANIE ADVISORS LTD
Unit 1304, Tower II
Al Fattan Currency House
Dubai International Financial Centre
PO Box 506837, Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Tel: +9714 388 8576
AMANIE ADVISORS SDN BHD
Menara Tokio Marine Life
189, Jalan Tun Razak
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603 2161 0260
AMANIE ADVISORS CIS LLC
Office 1701, 29/1
Republic of Kazakhstan
Tel: +7 778 001 0021
5 Hunter’s Court
Leeds LS15 0LB
Tel: +44 749 645 6915